Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh Swear Word

Lots of snow and wind here in South Eastern Idaho. Life doesn't stop though. I still had dental appointments, gymnastics, and dance class to get the kids to. I spent twenty minutes digging my car out of the driveway so we could make it to the dentist only to lock my keys in the car once we got home. Smart move on my part. My mom was kind enough to leave work and rescue Wendy and I from being trapped out in the cold. Wendy had fun playing in the snow while we waited and we even managed to make it to the last half of her gymnastics class. After my keys were recovered I once again braved the elements later that evening to take Emily to dance class only to get my car stuck while backing out of my driveway. I tried pushing, pulling, and all that jazz only to have the car completely die on me. Once again my mom came to our rescue by picking us up and Emily was only ten minutes late for class.

I know that swearing is bad........ but sometimes ........ certain words muttered under your breath so the kids can't hear miraculously makes you feel better.


Thankfully my dad was able to come over today and help me out. It was cold, snowing, and windy but we managed to get the car started and unstuck. He even helped me scape out my driveway so hopefully I won't get stuck again.

I was able to talk to LeeRoy on the phone today. I told him, "Remember all those times you dealt with the snow while I stayed in the warm house? THANK YOU!" He liked that.

It is so great having people close by that I can always count on. Thanks so much!

In case anybody starts to wonder where I am ..........
I fully intend to stay home from now until summer!


2 comments:

Alisha said...

Oh my! Im so sorry sis, I cant imagine how you did thaton your own. I hope you are feeling better. I know the feeling about that uh oh word! I love you.

Katie said...

I feel that same way many times. When one things goes wrong it feels like everything is going wrong. Hang in there.