Sunday, February 28, 2010

Strong Bonds

This last weekend the National Guard hosted a Strong Bonds Event at the Teton Springs Luxury Hotel and Spa in Victor and thanks to my wonderful mom, offering to watch our kids, we were able to attend. The drive was beautiful. We arrived early Friday and stayed until Sunday. I was able to meet many of LeeRoy's coworkers, along with their wives in person. We were also able to attend seminars teaching ways to strengthen our marriage relationship as well as meet with a financial planner who was able to answer a lot of questions we had. It was a great opportunity that we are very thankful for. The hotel we stayed in was amazing and we had such a relaxing, wonderful time together.



We were able to go on a sleigh ride through a local elk ranch. It was so beautiful. One of the bulls even came up close to the sleigh and let me touch him. He got a little cozier with LeeRoy than with me thank goodness!


The last evening we were there the hotel closed off one of their buildings for just the National Guard and prepared us an amazing meal! All the tables were decorated so beautifully. They even hired someone to come sing and play the guitar for us while we ate; very romantic.



After dinner we drove over the mountain pass into Jackson Hole and caught a local hockey game. It was a first for both of us and we loved it!



When the game was over we drove around and did some window shopping and then stopped at the town square to see the antler arches. It was very beautiful!



We finished off our weekend with a peaceful ride home. We had a wonderful vacation spending time together, talking, laughing, and learning. It was perfect!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids were wonderful, and I miss them! I am so happy that you had the opportunity to go off together. You don't do it enough! What fun, and what fun pictures.
Love Mom

Alisha said...

Wow ur hotel looks like an apartment. You guys look like u had tons of fun and I'm glad ur back cuz i missed u. haha

Megan said...

What a great time. I love it when I can get away with just my honey. I'm glad you got to go. Lori you are so beautiful. I love that last picture of you and LeeRoy together. You guys are such a great couple.

Mrs. B said...

OK...I am just jealous. I love that area. I love being with my hubby, and I love food. I'm glad you had fun.