Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has been a week long holiday this year. We had an early feast with just our little family. Then I got busy getting pajama pants sewn for Christmas Eve while the girls got a chance to play outside in the snow.

On Thanksgiving day we went to LeeRoy's parents and had a wonderful time eating and visiting together. LeeRoy worked out in their garage for a few hours cutting and drilling wood for crafts I am working on and at the end of the evening Emily gave us a wonderful lesson on being thankful for all of our blessings.

That night, Lacie was nice enough to spend the night and babysit so the day after Thanksgiving we were able to get up before the crack of dawn to do some BLITZ shopping. I know it sounds crazy but we had a blast and with the help of my wonderful mother we were in and out of each store quickly. After shopping we followed tradition and went to breakfast together. It has been a great week filled with my favorite things:
Food
Family
Fun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we had a wonderful time...yes almost 12 hours of shopping, with some fun restaruant breaks! We are almost done Christmas shopping!
TRADITION! (I decided I didn't want to go this year. But you all probably know how persuasive Lori can be!!!!!) In the end I was glad I went!
What fun!

Love MOM

Alisha said...

Aww how fun!!! Your dinner looked yummy.