Sunday, April 17, 2011

2nd Dance Competition

Mom, Lorenzo, Emily and I just got back from Utah where Emily had her 2nd dance competition of the season. I hadn't talked to LeeRoy in a few days because he was gone on a mission so when I pulled out my phone to check the time right before Emily was about to perform I was surprised to see him trying to call me on Skype. I hurried and answered, then switched to video and he got to watch Emily perform live from his room in Iraq. Such great timing. It meant so much to both of them!

Their performance was AMAZING! All of our teams got 1st place in their own categories. Every routine also took high point overall EXCEPT for Beginning. We were still happy but a little disappointed............ that is until Emily's dance teacher posted this on the dance studio's Facebook page late Saturday night:

----------------------------------------

So...as you could tell by my face when they announced Overall Beginning and it did not say Downtown Dance I was a little shocked. That sounds horrible but I thought Beginning did great--so I got the judging sheets and realized by the scores that there was a mistake. Yes there was... on the tabulation. They did not figure Beginning's scores into the overall totals. BEGINNING TOOK 1st PLACE OVERALL BEGINNING! Your dances were the top 7 routines of the day!

All routines took 1st and every routine took High Point Overall! We also were the #1 overall studio of the day! WAY TO GO! I honestly cannot believe it and I hope these dancers realize what a huge achievement that is--I have never had this successful of a competition season! SO PROUD OF YOU!

That deserves a day off! TAKE MONDAY OFF AND SEE YOU ALL THURSDAY!
Here is the reason we are not having dance on Monday...Time After Time 299, Jai Ho 297.5, Glee 297.5, Wonderland 297, Ruby Blue 292, Because We Can 293.5, and Shake Your Groove Thing 292.5. These are all out of 300 points possible! THIS DESERVES A BREAK! CONGRATS DANCERS!

----------------------------------------

When I read this I couldn't believe it. I was so excited I flipped on the hotel light, waking up the room, so I could share the news. We had a tough time getting back to sleep after that. Emily was through the roof and is so excited for the last two competitions of the season. The only thing she wasn't happy about was not having practice on Monday! LOL! Crazy girl!


Some of the girls gathered together to watch the other dancers.


Emily with her new trophy.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I know the girls are doing great. I hope to see them perform sometime this year.

Alisha said...

That made my heart melt when I heard LeeRoy got to see her dance. That is so exciting for all you guys!! I can't believe they all got 1st place and scored so high!! We are soooo proud of you Em and how great you are doing.

Megan said...

That is wonderful! Next time you have a competition in my neck of the woods, let me know. I'd like to come and support her too. I'm so glad LeeRoy got to watch her perform. That is awesome.

John Andersen said...

That is incredible! It is amazing how everything fell into place for that competition!