Christmas in Iraq
Lori, the amazing wife she is, sent me a Christmas tree in a box! It was perfect! I only had to put it together 4 times in the course of me moving through different housing units when we first got on base. For Christmas Eve in Iraq, our platoon had a party. We had pizza, chips, and drinks, played video game tournaments, and board games. Then we did a white elephant gift exchange. I got to call my family a couple of times and the kids were so excited to see Dad on the computer again. Most of the day was spent relaxing and having some quiet time. I'm glad to be around people with the same values, morals, and good attitudes. The people here really make this place not so bad. The day after Christmas I got some free time and played Guitar Hero games that my lovely wife got me for Christmas. Not too shabby. I am, however, sick from all the candy that Santa Claus brought...


Our Platoon Christmas Tree Rescued from a dumpster and given new life as our Center of Decorations. Notice the American Flag Angel combination tree topper.
Me opening Teriyaki Beef Jerky as my white Elephant gift.
2 comments:
What a wonderful wife you have. I don't think I would have thought of that. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas.
That makes me smile!!! I'm so glad that even though he is so far away he was able to celebrate Christmas.
Post a Comment